6.7.11

Sedap Corner, JB

I always patronised Sedap Corner regularly few years back at its various branches, be it at City Square, Pelangi Mall, their HQ, Permas Jusco and so on. One of the best thing I love are their nyonya kuihs and teh tarik, which makes a great tea break. In addition, they have a lots of local varieties for lunch or dinner like nasi lemak, nasi goreng kampung, fried hor fun and so on. Anyway, of late, there are a lot of eateries mushroomed in JB which I almost forgot about this nice restaurant.

This is not a pay-post as well as I have yet to do any yet. I was finally back in Sedap Corner again after a long while. Well, they have a new menu now and I thought it's a great idea to try out their Johor Style Mee Bandung, instead of the usual fried kuay teow.
Johor style Mee Bandung
It looks red spicy here but it's actually just a little spicy and I like the gravy which is a a little bit sweet. Well, I really love it and it's also the first time I tried it.

fried kuay teow
My wife ordered my favourite fried kuay teow and of course, I can't resist it but help myself with a little bit of it. It still taste good!

We also order some kuihs and I only took a pix of the ondeh-ondeh. My kid loves it!




I order a kiddy meal fried rice which comes with an orange juice for my kid, where the  portion is just  good enough for him.
My kid enjoying his kiddy meal or perhaps he's hungry ?
I still like going there for tea and enjoyed their kuihs. By the way, here's their website.

18 comments:

  1. I was also surprised to see so many nice makan places in JB. The Singaporeans are big clients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oily...oily... Ah! Ondeh-ondeh...sweet but I like! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time take me there la, bro! each time i go, u disappear one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard about this cafe, but the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahh..long time nvr eat ondeh-ondeh liao lor... it wud be great if i can enjoy my tea time with a packet of ondeh-ondeh and a cup of teh tarik ..it would be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twillight - Well, JB is consider a big place thus not surprising to see so many eateries mushroomed here. And, yes, JB need Sporeans to patronise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ipoh got sedap corner or not? must ask claire, ha!that bandung sure looks sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STP - yes..yummy!! finally u like something here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. reanaclaire - where got ? u only dissapear in Ipoh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayley - they only operates in JB and Spore :) try it next time when u r here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YYTDH - LOL... time to buy some and makan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. smallkucing - Im sure little kucing loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lena - nope...only JB. Maybe you can try other restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wenn - seems like a lot of folks love it. The Sedap corner one is very nice ;) However, Ipoh's nyonya kuihs also nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chris, you spend a lot of time in JB I notice....
    I guess the food there tempts you.
    I too once loved the foods there, stayed there 2 years at Bukit Serene, near Straits View hotel, very close to Mechinta night club.

    That dish sure looks delicious! And you know where to go too, ha ha.
    Have fun, keep well.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hard to find good ondeh ondeh these days... in kl punya all phail one.. tak boleh makan punya..

    ReplyDelete