13.9.11

A lonely Mid Autumn Festival....

Well, happy mid-autumn festival folks and I guess you folks have a great time. As for me, I guess playing lanterns with my kids and having lots of mooncakes over the last few weeks can be considered celebrated. :)  It's Monday and I am back in Singapore to work. It's a long day for me too as I am rushing to get a project out and thus, stayed in the office till almost eight in the evening. Reached home at around 9pm+ and I thought it's a good idea to check out Japanese Ramen in Men-ichi restaurant, Northpoint Shoppung Centre. It's been awhile since I last patronised this eatery.

Men-ichi Ramen restaurant

getting ready....

It was quiet at 9.30pm which could be due to the mid-autumn festival as well as schools just reopens in Singapore. Anyway, their last order was at 9.30pm as the mall close at 10.30pm daily. I was hungry and order quite lot of food. Here they are:-

My favorite...chawanmushi  ...and which they steamed deliciously! One of the better ones around  
Assortment of sushis

Salmon maki... my favourite too!
and the main meal...Ramen
a hot green tea to wind down...

 This cost around S$23+ but it's a great way to pamper myself on mid-autumn festival!burp.....!!!

22 comments:

  1. So much food to keep you company... Like that, I'd rather be lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,think about it,(in my opinion) any festival celebration is good bonding but it is only a short while, the continuous of supporting and caring......right? just like i am here visiting you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike - It; surely does!! Have a good day, man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eugene - Yeah, especially CNY. With all the preparations and etc...it just goes away in a couple of days and visits only lasted an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it doesnt really matter if you spend the day alone, of course it would be much better if you hv your familly with you, i'm sure thoughts of them are with you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo.....sad but at least you hv the weekends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lena- yeah, it's always fun to be with family during festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kucimg- looking forward to this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, u will get to see yr family soon..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Japanese food..and the sushi looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. why da ramen look like so little only?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wenn - tomorrow is fri... yes... can see them already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As for me, we headed to mom's house for a simple dinner. Since it was a weekday, we did not want to join the crowd in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alv0808 - we meet someday and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merryn - cos it's a set... with chawanmushi, sushi and ramen. So, the ramen not much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yee ling- good idea! It's very crowded out there!

    ReplyDelete