4.7.13

lazy dad starts moving.....


Most of the time (and all the time....) , daddies like me usually leave the tutoring of homework or even crafts work to the wives. Somehow, I always felt my wife can teach my kids better....LOL. Well, there was this evening when my wife  nagged me (again) to help my kid with his school work. It's about creating a bookmark by simply drawing and painting an object on a colour cardboard and cut it out, as well as tying it with a ribbon on top. I was kinda reluctant and lazy initially and so wanting to go back to continue reading on my iPad. However, once I get started, though slowly initially, both my kid and I actually enjoyed the process. I was so focused on the work that time flies so quickly. Before I knew it, I actually spent some quality time with my kid! How nice! I was appreciating the bookmark a few times after it was completed! :)

Meanwhile, I was back at Old town cafe for some Ipoh food as this seems the only option for me to enjoy Ipoh food in JB, especially the chicken hor fun. 

My all time favourite. chicken hor fun. Definitely I will wallop a few bowls in my next trip home  to Ipoh

And, a curry laksa for my wife.... looks yummy ?

17 comments:

  1. My daughter loves chicken hor fun...but it depends on the outlets. No quality control angd many have complained that the quality has gone down. Imagine ordering half-boiled eggs at their outlet at LCCT and they were served with the yolks broken - I could not even tell whether there were two or only one egg!!! Such a disgrace. And they're not cheap either. Any kopitiam would be able to do it perfectly...everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chicken Hor fun but must be with the reddish color oil on top

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to go back to Perak more often now for the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STP - yeah, I agreed not all outlets are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - haha..he already hand in to his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kucing - that type you have to go to the authentic old town in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love to patronize Old Town when they first opened, but I've realized that the taste of their coffee varies from franchise to franchise.

    An insider revealed that the dishes are not prepared fresh in the kitchen. =/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't call yourself a lazy daddy. Actually, you just need to spend more time with your son. This is what I do all the time.

    Oldtown hor fun is my all time fav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops I should say in this way. I did nag my hubby to accompany my son doing homework!*_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. angeline - haha, thats very normal as we guys usually leave it to the wife to do the tutoring. Probably most of the us are not as patience as the mothers. However,we gotta helped out too.Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  10. Lazy dad... muhahaha
    Sometime it's tough to be yourself as you need to set as an example as a dad eh~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah! The curry laksa looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chris, I too love this hor fun. And luckily we can get them here in Toronto.
    I can see you live to eat.
    How's the gang at home?
    Best regards and have a fun Sunday.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But there's no picture of the bookmark?! >_<

    ReplyDelete